This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
This qualification aims to:
- increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
- provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- provide information on eating disorders
- increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- give learners working, or intending to work, in settings such as Sport and Recreation, Exercise and Fitness, Hospitality and Catering or Healthcare an understanding of nutrition and health to support their role in the workplace
- enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of healthcare, sport and leisure, or hospitality and catering.