Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace
Aims and Objectives
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to raise awareness of mental health, creating a culture of care and the promotion of positive mental health. This qualification gives learners the opportunity to understand mental health, its associated care and how this can be applied to learners or colleagues in the workplace. Workers within a wide range of public service roles may interact with those with mental health issues and support needs in their day-to-day work across a number of sectors.
This qualification aims to:
- focus on the study of mental health first aid and mental health advocacy in the workplace
- offer breadth and depth of study of mental health first aid.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- introduce and explore different types of mental ill health, and factors that may increase the risk of mental ill health in individuals.
- understand how to support individuals with mental ill health within boundaries of own role
- explore how to create a mentally healthy environment for individuals in a variety of settings.