This qualification is designed for those who wish to learn how to improve their personal health and wellbeing and will also help to prepare learners for further learning or training.
This qualification introduces learners to the importance of health and well-being and how to improve in this area.
The qualification aims to enable learners to understand the concept of health and well-being; identify the positive effects of exercise on long-term health and well-being; analyse the level of 'need' for exercise through the various stages of life; understand the nutritional requirements for various types of exercise plan; prepare and implement an exercise plan with the appropriate nutritional requirements.
This qualification will:
- focus on the study of Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition
- offer breadth and depth of study
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical skills.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners gain an understanding of:
- safe and appropriate exercise for the individual
- the importance of personal motivation in maintaining regular exercise
- diet and nutrition and the impact on their personal health
- the impact of drugs, alcohol and tobacco on personal health and well-being.